Durable watches are every tough guys’ fashion picks and for good reason. These watches are able to take a beating, withstand pressure, dirt, hit, sweat and still tick.
Although all watches are meant to be durable in the sense that most are worn for almost half the day, durability of watches is based on build quality and material build.
Casio G-Shock watches has so far earned themselves a spot in the list of the best durable watches available in the market as their time pieces are usually some of the most impressive looking and sturdy, rugged everyday use watches. Several other brands however have good offering too.
The Top 3 Best Durable Watch Reviews
These are our top picks:
The Casio G-Shock GD-100 watch is a sleek looking durable watch meant for everyday use. It has some impeccable capabilities like an auto update time, stop watch, alarm, and auto LED backlight. The watch is very sturdy and legible with its distinct analogue display. It comes with multi-time functionality (tells time of four cities) which is a great feature if you are on the move a lot of time. It’s also made in the USA.
- High quality resin and metal build.
- Very sturdy watch made to last several years and intense use.
- It’s Shock resistant
- It’s also water resistant up to 200 meters or 660 feet
- Very efficient buckle clasp
- It has alarm functionality as well as an auto update calendar which is programmed to year 2099 just in case you happen to travel to the future.
- There’s a super bright auto LED backlight that keeps your watch face on when you need it.
- The white and black contrast makes it difficult to read for old folks
This Casio G-shock sport watch is a bestseller for good reasons. It’s built to last you several years of intensive usage and doesn’t just pack up without a good fight. Your only task would be proper watch maintenance and of course getting replacement batteries every few years which is fair deal for a durable watch. This sport watch is both shock resistant and water resistant to a good depth of 200 meters or 660 feet which would also mean it’s a great choice for swimmers and occasional divers. The watch uses the quartz movement and offers other such features as stop watch functionality, auto-calendar and of course G-shock signature alarm.
- The DW9052 is an aesthetically unique G-Shock that catches the eye
- It’s also very sturdily built and lasts several years at a stretch
- It’s very cost efficient
- It makes use of both 12 and 24 hour formats for time telling
- It’s water resistant to a good 200 meters or 660 feet and thus great for swimming or other marine activities
- It makes use of the quartz movement for accurate time telling
- It’s shock resistant.
- It features an afterglow EL backlight for visibility even in pitch darkness
- It has several functions including alarm clock, stop watch and auto calendar
- It’s also lightweight, weighing about 4.8 ounces giving it a premium heft but easily carried.
- If you are on a budget and seeking a high quality watch, then this G-Shock sport watch is your best bet as it’s very affordable
- Nothing really except you are not a fan of digital watches, this watch has everything worked out.
- You do need to change the battery every couple of years but that’s understandable, right?
This Analog-Digital watch is another quality product from the stables of Casio. Casio outdid itself with this Ana-digital time piece. It combines the clarity of analog display with the ease of the digital reading to create a sturdy, well built and accurate durable watch which would last several years. The watch is made of strong resin materials (from case to band) which are sweat/water resistant, magnetic resistant and shock proof so you don’t have to worry about it spoiling when it comes in contact with a magnet or while having your morning run or a rigorous exercise.
- It uses battery which would last up to 3 years
- It’s the trio of water, shock and magnetic resistant
- It functions in both 12 and 24 hours time telling formats
- It combines analog time telling with the more recent trending digital reading.
- It can be read at night thanks to the EL backlight and afterglow functions.
- Packs a lot of features including alarm, 1/100 second stopwatch and auto calendar
- It’s lightweight and very comfortable on the hands.
- The Casio Classic analog-digital watch is a very rugged watch and built to last you several years
- The watch is very easy to setup
- It tends to fog up when the temperature is cool.
What are the best durable watches?
There are several worthy durable watches which are worth mentioning, however as said earlier, the most notable brand for producing durable watches is Casio with its G-Shock lineup of watches. These watches are built to be sturdy, aesthetically appealing, sweat and waterproof, shock resistant and come with several other impressive features. There are several Casio G-shock watches available in the market but for this review, we’ll be taking a keen look at three of the most durable G-shock watches available in the market.
Ever wondered why you keep hearing of G-Shock watches? That’s because these watches are some of the most durable in the market.
Durable watches are meant to last you several years of usage with minimal problems. The Casio G-Shock watches reviewed above are some of the top of the crop durable watches available in the market and are built to be rugged, efficient and worthy time piece for accurate and reliable time telling.